Data Acquisition System Basis Chips
The ZSPM9015 is ZMDI’s next-generation, fully optimized, ultra-compact, integrated MOSFET plus driver power stage solution for high-current, high-frequency, synchronous buck DC-DC applications. The ZSPM9015 integrates a driver IC, two power MOSFETs, and a bootstrap Schottky diode into a thermally enhanced, ultra-compact 6x6mm package.
With an integrated approach, the complete switching power stage is optimized with regard to driver and MOSFET dynamic performance, system inductance, and power MOSFET RDS(ON). The ZSPM9015 uses innovative high-performance MOSFET technology, which dramatically reduces switch ringing, eliminating the need for a snubber circuit in most buck converter applications.
A driver IC with reduced dead times and propagation delays further enhances the performance. A thermal warning function indicates if a potential over-temperature situation (>150°C) has occurred. An automatic thermal shutdown activates if an over-temperature condition (>180°C) is detected. The ZSPM9015 also incorporates a Zero Current Detection Mode (ZCD) for improved light-load efficiency and provides a tri-state 3.3V and 5V PWM input for compatibility with a wide range of PWM controllers.
The ZSPM9015 DrMOS is compatible with ZMDI’s ZSPM1000, a leading-edge configurable digital power-management system controller designed for non-isolated point-of-load (POL) supplies.
- High-current handling: up to 35A
- PWM input capable of 3.3V and 5V
- Optimized for switching frequencies up to 1MHz
- Zero-current detection and under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Thermal shutdown and warning flag for over-temperature conditions
- Driver output disable function (DISB# pin)
- Integrated Schottky diode technology in the low-side MOSFET
- Integrated bootstrap Schottky diode
- Adaptive gate drive timing for shoot-through protection
- Improved efficiency with zero current detection
- Clean switching waveforms with minimal ringing
- Based on the Intel® 4.0 DrMOS standard
- 72% space-saving compared to conventional discrete solutions
- High current handling
- Optimized for use with ZMDI’s ZSPM1000 true digital PWM controller
- ZSPM8015-KIT: Evaluation Kit for ZSPM9015
- Operation temperature: 0°C to +150°C
- VIN: 4.5V to 25V (typical 12V)
- IOUT: up to 35A
- Low-profile SMD package: 6mmx6mm QFN40
- ZMDI green packaging and RoHS compliant