A Peak-Current Mode LED Driver for High-Brightness LED Lighting
ASI4U/ASI4U-E is a new generation CMOS integrated circuit for ASI networks.
The low-level field bus AS-I (Actuator Sensor Interface) was designed for easy, safe and cost-effective interconnection of sensors, actuators and switches. It transports both power and data over the same two-wire unshielded cable.
ASI4U is used as a part of a master or slave node and works as an interface to the physical bus. The device realizes power supply, physical data transfer and communication protocol handling. ASI4U/ASI4U-E is fully compliant with ASI Complete Specification 3.0 and drop-in compatible with the A²SI/A²SI-E IC.
All configuration data are stored in an internal EEPROM that can be easily programmed by a stationary or handheld programming device. The special AS-I safety option assures short response times regarding security related events.
- Compliant with AS-Interface Complete Specification V3.0
- Universal application: in slaves, masters, repeaters and bus-monitors
- Drop-in compatible with A²SI
- Floating AS-I transmitter and receiver for high symmetrical high power applications
- On-chip electronic inductor with current drive capability of 55 mA
- Two configurable LED outputs to support all Spec. V3.0 status indication modes
- Several data preprocessing functions, including configurab- le data input filters and bit selective data inverting
- Additional addressing channel for easy wireless module setup
- Support of 8 / 16 MHz crystals by automatic frequency detection
- Special AS-I safety option
- Clock watchdog for high system security
- Available in SSOP28/5,3mm (ASI4U) or SOP28/300mil (ASI4U-E) package
- Industrial Temperature range -25°C to + 85°C (ASI4U)
- Extended Industrial Temperature range -25°C to + 105°C (ASI4U-E)
- Extended Temperature range -40°C to +85°C (ASI4U-F)
- Flexible, separated I/Os
- Flexible AS-I Bus adoption (isolated transceiver)
- Very small package SSOP 28 (ASI4U and ASI4U-F)
- Supports AS-I complete Specification 3.0
- Supports high ambient temperature applications (ASI4U-E)
- Supports cold ambient temperature applications (ASI4U-F)
The ASI4U/ASI4U-E/ASI4U-F is used in:
Industrial / Factory automation